Thursday, June 12, 2008

i took this week off just to chill and do the things i like before i set off. other than swimming, i found that its true that you'll never get around to doing things when you feel like you have all the time in the world. i used to lament that working deprived me of the time to pack my stuff, to bake and to catch up with friends but the truth is now that my week of leisure is drawing to an end i find that i haven't exactly done the things i thought i wanted to do. perhaps nothing beats the joy of Having Nothing To Do? hmmm.

so anyways, i finished the book i borrowed from C last night. The Devil and Miss Prym, by the same guy who gave us The Alchemist. Call me a pleb or a thick-headed knob but the latter didn't particularly inspire me when i read it. Thankfully i didn't write him off cuz the other two books of his that i've read, both borrowed from C who bought them but didn't have the time to read them yet, were much more thought provoking and stayed in my head long after I'd finished them. So anyways, the book is about how good and evil are always present. But that isn't the point that really stuck with me. In the book, the author points out that those who often refrain from doing something cuz they feel that it is only right to do so aren't doing so because they are good, but rather cuz they don't have the courage to do what they really want to do and be labelled evil, mean and the likes. And it really struck a cord with me. I really feel that we should all do what we want, unfettered by what the world may think of our actions, and as a result, us as a person. It would mean more to you to be able to do what you want than to suppress our heart's desires than it would to the bystanders who may cast disapproving looks, or to the people we think we may hurt cuz they'd probably get over it a few days later, while you'd have to live with it for the rest of your lives. In essence, we all have to do what we have to do and there isn't any point being overly apologetic over it if your plans just so happen to clash with someone's expectations of you. Sounds selfish, no? But I guess that's what humans are, and there isn't any point pretending otherwise.

Okay, I think that came out sounding a tad cynical and jaded and mean. But the gist of what I'm trying to say is still that we should all do what we want and make ourselves happy! Okay? So if you're craving that chocolate fix right now just go ahead and get it and Make Yourself Happy!!!

Yup having said that I just learnt something about the piece of cloth that us girls hold close to heart. The Brassiere! Hehe. Did you know that if you constantly wear the strapless or half cup variety, your bosom will end up weird-shaped? So whilst we are still young we should try to wear the 3/4 cup variety more to help develop a nicer shape!! Otherwise, you'll end up with funny-shaped friends! This matter brooks no delay as we are all in the tail end of our developing years already. Hehe. Did I mention that when I first found out about this funny fact yesterday from the lady at Robinson's while Mummy and I were shopping I was quite panicky cuz I happened to be wearing a strapless bra yesterday and I was alarmed to learn that I was amongst those who would end up with funny friends. Gosh. So I've quickly resolved to only wear the 3/4 cup variety from now onwards. Kinda makes our friends sound like jelly shaped by their moulds right?

Yup I think I better get going to meet Kelly at 6! I can imagine that she'll kill me if I'm late again!!

1 comment:

Pris said...

OMG I just bot like 5 3/4 cup bras frm malaysia!! HAHAHA. i feel so relieved after reading ur blog. LOVE U DEARIE!!! how can u all bake without me sobs.

LALA