Sunday, June 26, 2011

downward dog and burgers

had my 3rd yoga lesson this morning! it was good, except that Germaine was late and she actually got locked out of the class! Can't believe it. I was so worried the whole lesson and couldn't concentrate initially as I kept looking at the door, but as the class proceeded I found that I had to concentrate to keep up. And I also concluded that she must have went to the wrong class and had no choice but to stay there. With hot yoga I feel kinda trapped once they close the doors when the class starts. But anyways, I've really enjoyed the weekly yoga sessions so far, and next week when my 4 lesson package ends I think I'm gonna sign up for more! Although it's a little pricey, I figure that it's worth investing in your well-being and health right? This way I'm forced to spend less on shopping too.

Borrowed Jamie Oliver's Dinners from the local library and was inspired to make burgers and apple pie! C vetoed the pie cuz we didn't have much time, so we stuck to the burgers! The potato wedges were lovely too! It's fun cooking with C, passing him this and that and getting him to help me do the stuff I hate (mince the beef and chop onions! I had to wear my shades which were totally useless as the onion fumes still made it's way to my eyes, but when he took over his eyes seemed perfectly fine! Maybe guys eyes are less sensitive to onion?)


Potluck with the colleagues tmr! The weekend always seems to fly by!

Oh yes, tonight while navigating through a maze of private houses on our way to Serangoon gardens, C suddenly slowed down in front of this very old school, traditional house. He pointed it out to me and I thought he wanted to show me cuz it's so nostalgic. Then he said matter of factly, "that's M's house." M being his first girlfriend of course. It all made sense then, like why he was so familiar with that obscure private neighborhood like tell me where's the basketball court etc, and also said he felt like he was relieving his childhood. Hmpf!!!

I pretended to be huffy and angry after that, but actually I didn't mind, just thought I should put up abit of a show. Haha!

No comments: