sighs. really missing C quite a bit even though he just left this afternoon! just pray that the floods won't affect him and he'll get through this course safe and sound! this thailand trip is supposed to be the toughest part of his course, so hopefully things will be better after he returns!
on the bright side, i got to spend alot of time with C this week cuz he could book out pretty much every night before his trip! (:
on wed, i convinced him to go to the public gym with me! haven't been in the longest time, especially since i started doing yoga. so i kinda felt like i really needed the company to get me going!
come back soon C! i hope 3rd Nov comes quickly!
my fingernails match my towel! and the last time i went they matched the red dumbbells haha.
And yesterday, C suddenly agreed to bring me to Jurong Swimming Complex! Yay! Turns out that the place only has a lazy pool, a wave pool, and 3 slides so after a while you'll kinda run out of things to do. Haha but for $2! No one's complaining right? It was fun all the same (: Like discovering a possible reason why Singapore started to use plastic notes (so we could stuff money into our pockets for the float rental and not have to worry about our money turning to mush).
And of course C had plenty of fun trying to drown me in the wave pool. I don't know what's it with him and liking to cause me pain/irritation etc. Oh and I also had a bit of fear of the slides initially and he happily dragged me up when he realised this. I thought it'd be really claustrophobic being inside the enclosed slide for so long. After chickening out twice I finally went down the shortest one first, much to the lifeguard uncle's amusement. Only to discover that the slides are really not scary at all, and actually kinda fun! And it's not that claustrophobic cuz you can still get some sunshine inside! Phew!
And after swimming we didn't have time to head to town for dinner, so we settled for botak jones & fried rice. C and I have come to the conclusion that we're the cheapo-est couple ever! Haha we made this conclusion one night after we'd both scooped up some after-9pm-$1 buns at a bakery. We always ask each other if it's weird that we don't eat at nice places very often like other couples we know. I don't know, I just don't feel the need to spend more than necessary on dinner, when sometimes restaurant food isn't that nutritious or healthy. I can get the same nutrition or even better eating yong tau foo from a hawker centre! But sometimes, especially on weekends, I'd feel like going someplace relatively nicer for date nights. Still, most of the time it's coffeeshop girl and hawker boy for us!
fried rice paradise
helping me finish my leftovers!




No comments:
Post a Comment