In 2012, what I really hope for myself (other than good health) is that I will be able to learn how to 知足. To be happy and content with what I have, with the status quo. I say this because of my incurable shopping habit which has resulted in overflowing wardrobes and not so healthy bank balances. Thinking back, it has really turned into an addiction. Planning my time around the blog shop launches, choosing to sit at home to camp over something more beneficial like going to the gym, endless discussions with friends revolving around the latest launches and whether an item is nice or not.
I need to understand that my happiness doesn't lie with that next dress, that new bag. It all just contributes to insufficient wardrobe space which really, really irks me cuz if I fold it in tuck it away in the wardrobe, I soon forget about it, yet I don't have enough space or hangers to hang it all up.
I need to believe that I am more than what I wear. I need to know that there is more to life than this. How superficial I've been. And shopping isn't a competitive sport, it's not about scoring that latest dress and then forgetting about it when the next one comes along.
This has been bothering me for a long time, and I hope I can learn to live well, live sparingly and focus on things that make me happy. Like yoga! Wai Yan told me that she bumped into our instructor in the lift after class today and he said that I'm good! Although I'm still nowhere near the pros, it really made my day and also made me more determined to spend more time and energy on yoga! So that's one thing I can focus on. And I've also been itching to make jelly hearts and I just saw this banana cake today!
So slowly one by one, I'm going to have to learn to ignore each new blogshop launch and ignore that little voice that goes "ohh that's pretty!" or "it's only $20+, you can afford it!" and focus on building a better, more multi-dimensional me (:
Ending off with the grad photo shoots! Still not sure if I chose the right one to blow up, was leaning towards the bookshelves but Mummy said the blue background one is better! Anyway as we were walking out of the photostudio, I realised that it's gonna be a good 5-6 years before we get to take Dom's graduation photos! Haha who knows where or what we'll be by then!


No comments:
Post a Comment